Name:
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala, India

humorous, fun loving, homely kinda guy.. to top it all... I'm married to this awesome lady... lucky me!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Sword of MULLAPERIYAAR DAMocles

In the midst of the ongoing fear and doubt of imminent calamity that hangs above us like 'the sword of Damocles', my thoughts wander off to a past unknown…
what would I have done if my brother's sacrifice was accepted;
or would I have found refuge in the ark where only eight "fools" chose to be;
or where would I have been when Daniel and his friends were cast into the fiery furnace, would I be kneeling face down in the dust at Nebuchadnezzar’s idol,
would I have been in the lion’s den with Daniel for having dared to pray to the one true God… even when it was totally “illogical” to do so.
Even if I were to be "disliked" by all my friends and family would I sit with Job in the ashes and not even for once grumble at God.
Would I have shouted the words “Crucify, crucify” along with the mob, just because “everybody else is doing it”.
Or would I have been with the 'religious righteous' of the time, stoning Stephen.
Would I have been the aristocrat shoving off “common folk” from entering the life-boats on the Titanic,
or would I be the old man holding on to his wife’s hand in calm assurance smiling in the midst of freezing waters saying with all my first-love and calm, “till death do us part”.
Would I be the foolish violinist who would linger on to play, “Nearer my God to Thee” as death came knocking at my door,
or would I be the fanatic evangelist who would cling to the railing hoping to snatch a few more souls into His kingdom as I shout above the roar of the sea, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall no be in want…”

As for any calamity that may beset me, I will press on to change that which I am called to do. Whether it be with hands and fingers that pain or in future a body that cannot press on, I will be at cheerful peace…

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all FEAR is gone,
Because I know, YES I KNOW
HE holds my future
And life is worth the living just because HE LIVES!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home